My start is really bad…

Former Member
Former Member
I need to improve my start, especially since I sprint 50m BR. Start is half of the race ))) No matter if I try grab or track start, it’s all the same – I’m going a bit down from the block (like falling), there is no horizontal fly phase. Then I slap water with my shanks. And with that I dive too deep in – about 6-7 feet. Here is the video of different start takes in every other manner to find that horizontal body position. I failed every time. https://youtu.be/K8S11zOi1rQ I think there is too much coordination tasks for me in one rapid motion. Is it possible to break it into key movements? Or any other advices? Put a cord across the lane? Or a hula-hoop? ))
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    Can anyone comment on the rules for a start off the side of the pool? Is this an option? I'm doing my first Masters meet in over 30 years this fall! Problem is I have a surgically repaired shoulder blow out from a bike crash that I'd like to protect. Even a dive from the side of the pool can aggravate it and I don't want to risk a less than optimal start from the height and speed of the block and potentially injure my shoulder again.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    Can anyone comment on the rules for a start off the side of the pool? Is this an option? I'm doing my first Masters meet in over 30 years this fall! Problem is I have a surgically repaired shoulder blow out from a bike crash that I'd like to protect. Even a dive from the side of the pool can aggravate it and I don't want to risk a less than optimal start from the height and speed of the block and potentially injure my shoulder again.
Children
No Data