I swim faster in the afternoon than in the morning

Former Member
Former Member
I don't want it to become a self-fulfilling prophecy but, it seems without fail that, I swim faster in the afternoon than in the morning. My 50's are faster by 1-2 seconds, my 100's by 3-4 seconds and my 200's by 6-8 seconds. I am guessing it is related to being more warmed up in the afternoon. I hardly ever do a warm up on the deck. I usually just jump into the pool and swim untill I feel good (about 500 meters) and then do a main set or two followed by a warm down. Could there be another reason?
Parents
  • I notice in the morning I need more warm up to get going. I find more kicking during an AM warmup helps to get the blood moving right and gets me warmed up faster. Sometimes, in the morning I start by kicking only for a good 200-300 before starting the true warmup. No, it is not your imagination. You are probably faster in the afternoon. But you should come really, really close in the morning.
  • I notice in the morning I need more warm up to get going. I find more kicking during an AM warmup helps to get the blood moving right and gets me warmed up faster. Sometimes, in the morning I start by kicking only for a good 200-300 before starting the true warmup. No, it is not your imagination. You are probably faster in the afternoon. But you should come really, really close in the morning.
Children
No Data