I swim faster in the afternoon than in the morning

Former Member
Former Member
I don't want it to become a self-fulfilling prophecy but, it seems without fail that, I swim faster in the afternoon than in the morning. My 50's are faster by 1-2 seconds, my 100's by 3-4 seconds and my 200's by 6-8 seconds. I am guessing it is related to being more warmed up in the afternoon. I hardly ever do a warm up on the deck. I usually just jump into the pool and swim untill I feel good (about 500 meters) and then do a main set or two followed by a warm down. Could there be another reason?
Parents
  • Just agreeing this is very common, due to sleep cycles and food. There have been studies that athletic performance overall is better in the afternoon/evening. Are you swimming on an empty stomach in the morning? That might be something to look at. How long do you give yourself to wake up?
  • Just agreeing this is very common, due to sleep cycles and food. There have been studies that athletic performance overall is better in the afternoon/evening. Are you swimming on an empty stomach in the morning? That might be something to look at. How long do you give yourself to wake up?
Children
No Data