Floaters after cataract surgery ?

Former Member
Former Member
I had cataract surgery at 49 which went fine. A couple months after surgery, I am seeing floaters - no pain or loss of vision but somewhat annoying.. it is like a strand that floats in and out. The doctor said this is vitreous separation and not "uncommon" but happens to older people (I am an outlier for cataract in any case). I swim 3-4 times a week and am fairly fit with no diabetes etc. so I'm wondering if swimming or chlorine has anything to do with this (the doctor did not think so..) ? For folks that have had cataract surgery, have you ever seen floaters ?
Parents
  • Strangely enough I am looking forward to my upcoming cataract surgery , in a few years, to rid myself of glasses and contacts since i was 10 years old. Doc. says i'm not there yet ,as far as Medicare paying , but I am on the road. Yes , I have some serious floaters, no trama just age related.
  • Strangely enough I am looking forward to my upcoming cataract surgery , in a few years, to rid myself of glasses and contacts since i was 10 years old. Doc. says i'm not there yet ,as far as Medicare paying , but I am on the road. Yes , I have some serious floaters, no trama just age related.
Children
No Data