Can I make varsity swimming with this times?

Former Member
Former Member
Next year, I am going to a normal - big size high school (2100), and to be honest I don't know how good swimmiers are in a normal high school, so I was wondering how good my times are compared to a varsity high school swimmer. This are my best times: 100y fly 59.78 50y fly 26.43 100y back 1:06.44 50y back 29.17 100y free 57.32 50y free 25.67 200 IM 2:21.65 (Also the school is division 1 in swimming)
Parents
  • Hello & welcome to usms You didn't say your name, sex, age, grade, height, weight, times from previous seasons or training background. So my answer is maybe I assume you're going to be a freshman Most high school teams have websites so you can compare your times to those on the team. The best thing to do now is train your butt off this summer and become as fast as you can Hopefully with a coach & a pretty good team Preferably six to nine swim practices per week & 3 dry lands / weights Teams usually have tryouts We don't know the requirements are to make the team Find out Ask a swimmer, ask the coach, ask a parent You also didn't tell me about the HS swim training program Most HS swim programs aren't very good Most HS swim coaches don't know much about swimming Most fast HS swimmers have trained with year round club programs We haven't seen you or your technique or where you are in your growth cycle. I suggest you get more info, have a great attitude, a great work ethic & keep improving and train hard. I hope you make it, Ande
  • Hello & welcome to usms You didn't say your name, sex, age, grade, height, weight, times from previous seasons or training background. So my answer is maybe I assume you're going to be a freshman Most high school teams have websites so you can compare your times to those on the team. The best thing to do now is train your butt off this summer and become as fast as you can Hopefully with a coach & a pretty good team Preferably six to nine swim practices per week & 3 dry lands / weights Teams usually have tryouts We don't know the requirements are to make the team Find out Ask a swimmer, ask the coach, ask a parent You also didn't tell me about the HS swim training program Most HS swim programs aren't very good Most HS swim coaches don't know much about swimming Most fast HS swimmers have trained with year round club programs We haven't seen you or your technique or where you are in your growth cycle. I suggest you get more info, have a great attitude, a great work ethic & keep improving and train hard. I hope you make it, Ande
Children
No Data