Training Long Term

I've been swimming masters now for well over a decade and I've hit a bit of a lull. Last year I set my Go The Distance goal at 550 miles and missed it, so this year I revised it downward to 500 miles and as of today I'm 66 miles behind the pace I need to be at to hit that goal. I just don't have the desire to get to the pool as often, or stay in as long, as I usually do. With that introduction my question really is: how do YOU train long term? Do you try to stay consistent or do you vary from year to year? Historically I've been very consistent, but I wonder if intentionally varying things is a better long term strategy.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    - change your mindset, stop beeing result-orientated. - get a new spirit and become a progress-swimmer: every moment in your life is a chance to grow up in a spiritually way. - The spirtually way is the only way to become a real human. Else your a clone of your society and environment. - Every workout is a step in the direction to achieve your full potential of body, mind and soul. - you have to forget about your past and focus on the moment (See the book Eckhart Tolle: the power of present). - Where you are now, is the result of your progress in the past but you can`t change it now. You have to look forward. - Forget about your goals also. Goals are brain-orientated and are always bad for your soul-freedom. Let it go. - Your only goal is to become who you are! you have to change your point of view of the whole society ********, who is leading your in the wrong direction. - learn about the way to "let-it-go". Let-it-go is the most difficult part of the spirtually way... - The power to change somethings in your life has always the most drag and resistance.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    - change your mindset, stop beeing result-orientated. - get a new spirit and become a progress-swimmer: every moment in your life is a chance to grow up in a spiritually way. - The spirtually way is the only way to become a real human. Else your a clone of your society and environment. - Every workout is a step in the direction to achieve your full potential of body, mind and soul. - you have to forget about your past and focus on the moment (See the book Eckhart Tolle: the power of present). - Where you are now, is the result of your progress in the past but you can`t change it now. You have to look forward. - Forget about your goals also. Goals are brain-orientated and are always bad for your soul-freedom. Let it go. - Your only goal is to become who you are! you have to change your point of view of the whole society ********, who is leading your in the wrong direction. - learn about the way to "let-it-go". Let-it-go is the most difficult part of the spirtually way... - The power to change somethings in your life has always the most drag and resistance.
Children
No Data