Stopped up nose

Former Member
Former Member
I have noticed that after swimming my nose is starting to stop up. I have been swimming at the same pool for about 3 years so I don't think it's the pool (could be wrong though). It tends to happen after longer swims with little to no rest (straight 3000) in comparison to shorter workouts with more recovery (2000). It lasts for the day and night that I swim but is gone the next morning. Any ideas as to why? How to stop this? Thanks in advance Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Parents
  • Try using "Ocean" saline nasal spray (or equal) after you swim to help your sinus membranes recover from the irritation caused by chlorine or other pool chemicals. It's sterile and moistens the membranes. In the winter when the my sinuses are dry, I'll use it twice per day, once after swimming and once before sleep. It seems to really help. Also, a little petroleum jelly may help protect the membranes too, if applied before swimming or even after. But I'm not sure how long that protection really lasts, especially if you breathe out through your nose in the pool.
  • Try using "Ocean" saline nasal spray (or equal) after you swim to help your sinus membranes recover from the irritation caused by chlorine or other pool chemicals. It's sterile and moistens the membranes. In the winter when the my sinuses are dry, I'll use it twice per day, once after swimming and once before sleep. It seems to really help. Also, a little petroleum jelly may help protect the membranes too, if applied before swimming or even after. But I'm not sure how long that protection really lasts, especially if you breathe out through your nose in the pool.
Children
No Data