How many days off are too many?

Hello all, So this summer I have been working non-stop towards summer nationals in August. I usually swim every day and lift every other day. Whenever I take a day off, it's because I REALLY need it. With the holiday weekend this week, I was forced to take two days off. I lifted on Friday, and didn't do much today (Saturday). I always psych myself out when I take a day off and worry that I lose my feel for the water when I swim again (which usually happens after more than one day). My question to discuss is, since I've been pushing hard every day towards "peak training", I have one week left before I begin to taper, and I just had a forced two days off, do I have to worry about my resting before my taper? In other words, by taking two days off, did I ruin a mesocycle taper by resting more than normal? sorry for the length - I just want to be clear Thanks, Alex
Parents
  • When you think you've had too many day's off from swimming, then you've had too many day's off. However if your are in So. Calif. the water could possibly evaporate and go away. Then I would worry. Well, I could swim in the ocean its only six blocks away. I really need to do this more often.
  • When you think you've had too many day's off from swimming, then you've had too many day's off. However if your are in So. Calif. the water could possibly evaporate and go away. Then I would worry. Well, I could swim in the ocean its only six blocks away. I really need to do this more often.
Children
No Data