Transgender Swimmer

Ran across this article on a Transgender swimmer in the NCAA. I volunteer for PFLAG, (LGBT Support Group for families) during the past year we have had more, and more Youth who identify as Transgender, or Gender Fluid. I would like to hope the swimmer in this article finds acceptance in the NCAA, and hopefully US Masters after graduation. Congrats to Harvard University for being pretty progressive. www.thecrimson.com/.../
Parents
  • Depends how you define success. If it's swimming performance, I doubt it. Even Chris Mosier got 7th and 37th overall which is a stretch to call successful. I'm assuming it's difficult if not impossible for a genetic woman to compete physically in any sport (unless Ledecky wants to give it a run). Very nice what Harvard did, but I'm thinking other male walk-ons would get tossed with the same times. Agreed.
  • Depends how you define success. If it's swimming performance, I doubt it. Even Chris Mosier got 7th and 37th overall which is a stretch to call successful. I'm assuming it's difficult if not impossible for a genetic woman to compete physically in any sport (unless Ledecky wants to give it a run). Very nice what Harvard did, but I'm thinking other male walk-ons would get tossed with the same times. Agreed.
Children
No Data