stroke length

Here's some data from a pool-mate watch, swimming in a 50M pool. The stroke length seems unusually long, although the data's only as good as the watch, and I haven't tried to verify the count. My emphasis is on distance, not sprinting. Anything in these numbers seem out of whack? If I want to get my speed up a bit, am I right to assume increasing the stroke count is likely the solution? I use a two beat kick, if that makes any difference. Thanks for any comments! My wingspan: 72.5 inches Set #1 1500 meters in 29:50 Stroke rate: 54 per minute Speed: 50m per minute Efficiency: 42 (strokes per 25m per time required) Stroke Lgth: 2.02 yards (1.8m) Set #2 Total workout: 500 meters in 10:00 Stroke rate: 52 per minute Speed: 50m per minute Efficiency: 42 Stroke Lgth: 2.1 yards
Parents
  • The stroke count for 50m is 51 strokes and speed is 50m per minute. My wingspan is about 72 inches. My coach tends to encourage me to stretch forward more on my stroke. Just wondering if those numbers seem to indicate I need to lengthen stroke or speed up stroke count. I'm swimming for distance more than sprinting. Thanks
  • The stroke count for 50m is 51 strokes and speed is 50m per minute. My wingspan is about 72 inches. My coach tends to encourage me to stretch forward more on my stroke. Just wondering if those numbers seem to indicate I need to lengthen stroke or speed up stroke count. I'm swimming for distance more than sprinting. Thanks
Children
No Data