stroke length

Here's some data from a pool-mate watch, swimming in a 50M pool. The stroke length seems unusually long, although the data's only as good as the watch, and I haven't tried to verify the count. My emphasis is on distance, not sprinting. Anything in these numbers seem out of whack? If I want to get my speed up a bit, am I right to assume increasing the stroke count is likely the solution? I use a two beat kick, if that makes any difference. Thanks for any comments! My wingspan: 72.5 inches Set #1 1500 meters in 29:50 Stroke rate: 54 per minute Speed: 50m per minute Efficiency: 42 (strokes per 25m per time required) Stroke Lgth: 2.02 yards (1.8m) Set #2 Total workout: 500 meters in 10:00 Stroke rate: 52 per minute Speed: 50m per minute Efficiency: 42 Stroke Lgth: 2.1 yards
Parents
  • The math doesn't seem to be consistent. Are you counting each individual arm during the Stroke Rate calculation and two arm strokes (a complete cycle, one left & one right) during the Stroke Length calculation? A Stroke rate of 54 per minute and a Speed of 50-meter per minute comes out to a Stroke length of about 0.92-meters per stroke (54 strokes for a 50-meter).
  • The math doesn't seem to be consistent. Are you counting each individual arm during the Stroke Rate calculation and two arm strokes (a complete cycle, one left & one right) during the Stroke Length calculation? A Stroke rate of 54 per minute and a Speed of 50-meter per minute comes out to a Stroke length of about 0.92-meters per stroke (54 strokes for a 50-meter).
Children
No Data