Whack!

It's getting to the point where I hate swimming fly in practice because it hurts so bad when I get whacked in the hand. I remember this happening when I was a kid, too, but back then it was usually fine soon after. Now my hand bruises and it hurts for days afterward. Does anyone else have this problem? Is this something we just have to deal with when we get older?
Parents
  • I swim fly down the middle of the lane & go one-armed while passing someone. But I agree, doing 25's is ideal since you don't have to worry about other traffic. I keep my nails trimmed short. Even so, there is always body contact during workouts; I tend to hit other people the most when I'm doing backstroke. My outsweep sweeps the swimmer in the next lane over! It's all a part of the workout experience.
  • I swim fly down the middle of the lane & go one-armed while passing someone. But I agree, doing 25's is ideal since you don't have to worry about other traffic. I keep my nails trimmed short. Even so, there is always body contact during workouts; I tend to hit other people the most when I'm doing backstroke. My outsweep sweeps the swimmer in the next lane over! It's all a part of the workout experience.
Children
No Data