Whack!

It's getting to the point where I hate swimming fly in practice because it hurts so bad when I get whacked in the hand. I remember this happening when I was a kid, too, but back then it was usually fine soon after. Now my hand bruises and it hurts for days afterward. Does anyone else have this problem? Is this something we just have to deal with when we get older?
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    The worst is when you hit a fingernail hard against the lane line. It can hurt for up to a week. It is for that reason I don't swim fly unless I have a lane to myself. But if I have absolutely no choice, I break into one arm fly as I pass someone coming in the opposite direction. It is not ideal and completely throws my rhythm out and makes it twice as difficult because I have to regain that rhythm in someone elses wake, but it sure beats whacking your hand into somebody's head or jamming it into the lane line.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    The worst is when you hit a fingernail hard against the lane line. It can hurt for up to a week. It is for that reason I don't swim fly unless I have a lane to myself. But if I have absolutely no choice, I break into one arm fly as I pass someone coming in the opposite direction. It is not ideal and completely throws my rhythm out and makes it twice as difficult because I have to regain that rhythm in someone elses wake, but it sure beats whacking your hand into somebody's head or jamming it into the lane line.
Children
No Data