Ear infection duration?

Former Member
Former Member
I know the only place where people understand is on this forum--I live on the East Coast and we had a horrid winter. My outdoor pool opened in late June. The day after I swam outside (glorious!) I woke up with pain in the left ear, then it moved to the right ear. That was 2 weeks ago! Went to the ENT and nurse practitioner (because one has to by DYING to see the doctor) sent me home saying it was ear pain from grinding my teeth. For a week I suffered, sleeping with a heating pad for the pain, before I went to the family doc. She said the ear was red and inflamed. Been on antibiotics since Monday and I am still in pain. Antibiotics usually "cure" me within days. I swam 2x in the last 2 weeks. It's torture to stay out of the pool when the weather is finally nice. How long can this last? I'm worried I may have chronic otitis media, since I had an earache that lasted a week in November. Prior to that, I can't even remember when I had an earache. I usually use drops when I get out of the pool, but have been remiss lately, and have paid the price, I guess. Of course, I suffer from vertigo, so I'm terrified this infection can affect my vertigo issues.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    It's been 2 weeks now with this deep throbbing ear pain. I'm finished with my 1 week script of antibiotics and ear drops. Pain is less but still constant. I can't believe this is happening now that the outdoor pool has finally opened. How long can this last?
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    It's been 2 weeks now with this deep throbbing ear pain. I'm finished with my 1 week script of antibiotics and ear drops. Pain is less but still constant. I can't believe this is happening now that the outdoor pool has finally opened. How long can this last?
Children
No Data