Colorado pace clock: handle repair?

Former Member
Former Member
The carry handle is fastened by a nut on each side with a bolt inside the case. One nut has come loos and we can hear it inside bouncing around. Problem is the entire case is fastened with rivets so that's a no go situation getting inside. I gotta believe someone out there has faced this and knows how to fix it. I'm just a big dumb animal and can't figure it out. Thanks!
Parents
  • If it is like the one at our pool, there aren't a lot of options. The "right" way to do it would be to drill out the rivets, replace the nut (maybe put a lock washer on as well to make sure it doesn't come loose again) and then pop rivet the case back together. I have no idea what you will be faced with once the case opens up and things may fall out/break if you don't do it the right way. I tend to open things up like that only when I'm ready to throw the item in the trash if I can't get it working. What I would do is just glue it with something like JB Weld. Unless you can see a reason why one day you would want the handle removed from the unit, this is probably the best solution. Of course if you have an arc welder hanging around, might be a good reason to fire it up.
  • If it is like the one at our pool, there aren't a lot of options. The "right" way to do it would be to drill out the rivets, replace the nut (maybe put a lock washer on as well to make sure it doesn't come loose again) and then pop rivet the case back together. I have no idea what you will be faced with once the case opens up and things may fall out/break if you don't do it the right way. I tend to open things up like that only when I'm ready to throw the item in the trash if I can't get it working. What I would do is just glue it with something like JB Weld. Unless you can see a reason why one day you would want the handle removed from the unit, this is probably the best solution. Of course if you have an arc welder hanging around, might be a good reason to fire it up.
Children
No Data