Sore shoulders from kicking with a kick board

Other than stop using a kick board does anyone have any ideas on how to reduce shoulder soreness associated with using a kick board. We have been really working on kick as part of our LCM training this season and my quads are sore but by far and a way my shoulders hurt the most. During the kick set I am fine but a few hours later my shoulders are stiff and sore.
Parents
  • Hi Stewart!!! I say get different kickboards, at least 1 snorkel, and several different types of fins and a monofin. It's like having different outfits! The key is to work hard with anything you are using, and consciously make sure you are challenging yourself when you are kicking. If something hurts, then don't do it. Not worth it! Try another combination of equipment or kick/drill variation (one arm, arms down, small weight ball held in the air, kick on back, etc!). I think it's nice to have short fins/zoomer types, a medium all-purpose fin, longer fins, and a monofin. I kick on my back ALOT. Everyone feels pain/twinges differently, so you just have to experiment with what works best and to vary it to not get hurt shoulders, back, knees, ankles, etc.
  • Hi Stewart!!! I say get different kickboards, at least 1 snorkel, and several different types of fins and a monofin. It's like having different outfits! The key is to work hard with anything you are using, and consciously make sure you are challenging yourself when you are kicking. If something hurts, then don't do it. Not worth it! Try another combination of equipment or kick/drill variation (one arm, arms down, small weight ball held in the air, kick on back, etc!). I think it's nice to have short fins/zoomer types, a medium all-purpose fin, longer fins, and a monofin. I kick on my back ALOT. Everyone feels pain/twinges differently, so you just have to experiment with what works best and to vary it to not get hurt shoulders, back, knees, ankles, etc.
Children
No Data