Sore shoulders from kicking with a kick board

Other than stop using a kick board does anyone have any ideas on how to reduce shoulder soreness associated with using a kick board. We have been really working on kick as part of our LCM training this season and my quads are sore but by far and a way my shoulders hurt the most. During the kick set I am fine but a few hours later my shoulders are stiff and sore.
Parents
  • i did a little kicking and swimming down south...the deep SOUTH little did i know that they dont have any oxygen that far south and turned into a fish out of water gasping for air the entire time. i did manage to have some ice cream while i was there....not close to even the mid-grade ice creams (dryers, hagendas....) here in the usa but it served its purpose. the flavors were....well not what i associate with chocolate or mocha or ... anything. lol. moose tracks usually has peanuts...pass...i go for real nuts grown from a tree not fake nuts grown in the dirt. as we all grow older (dang nabbit!!!!) we have to learn how our bodies re-act to all this overhead arm use. if it hurts change what you do or dont do it at all. shoulder injuries (unfortunately now im an expert on them) can kind of ruin the whole training/racing aspect of swimming. i use a kickboard that has been sawed in 2/3rds length wise. it floats just enough to keep me barely above the water but not exert upward pressure on my shoulders. and i kick with my face in the water and use a finis snorkle. everyone is unique and they need to find what works for them. the McRib is "unique" in so many ways...he has some bionic parts in his shoulder as well. Primer Lugar
  • i did a little kicking and swimming down south...the deep SOUTH little did i know that they dont have any oxygen that far south and turned into a fish out of water gasping for air the entire time. i did manage to have some ice cream while i was there....not close to even the mid-grade ice creams (dryers, hagendas....) here in the usa but it served its purpose. the flavors were....well not what i associate with chocolate or mocha or ... anything. lol. moose tracks usually has peanuts...pass...i go for real nuts grown from a tree not fake nuts grown in the dirt. as we all grow older (dang nabbit!!!!) we have to learn how our bodies re-act to all this overhead arm use. if it hurts change what you do or dont do it at all. shoulder injuries (unfortunately now im an expert on them) can kind of ruin the whole training/racing aspect of swimming. i use a kickboard that has been sawed in 2/3rds length wise. it floats just enough to keep me barely above the water but not exert upward pressure on my shoulders. and i kick with my face in the water and use a finis snorkle. everyone is unique and they need to find what works for them. the McRib is "unique" in so many ways...he has some bionic parts in his shoulder as well. Primer Lugar
Children
No Data