Sore shoulders from kicking with a kick board

Other than stop using a kick board does anyone have any ideas on how to reduce shoulder soreness associated with using a kick board. We have been really working on kick as part of our LCM training this season and my quads are sore but by far and a way my shoulders hurt the most. During the kick set I am fine but a few hours later my shoulders are stiff and sore.
Parents
  • If someone wants a very small kick board, here's another option: Sporti has a "hybrid pull kickboard". It's a tiny kickboard that is shaped, front and back, to also be a pull buoy. I borrowed one a couple of days ago, and thought is was fine as a small kickboard. It's stream lined, so would be good for side or underwater kicking, as well as normal kicking. And it really is small for a kickboard. But as a pull buoy, I didn't like it much. Maybe because I'm short (5'4") and have relatively short legs besides, but it was a little too long for me (though I could use it) and the shape was such that I had to think more than I wanted to about not losing it when I flip turned. As a test, I kicked a couple laps with my Finis pull buoy. It had just a little more buoyancy than the Sporti hybird, but would be really bad at stream lined kicking on my side or underwater. But it was fine as a small kickboard for "normal" kicking. I thought the hybrid kick board/pull buoy was a great idea, even though I don't like this one enough as a pull buoy to buy one. I expect a lot a people (who are taller than me) will love it.
  • If someone wants a very small kick board, here's another option: Sporti has a "hybrid pull kickboard". It's a tiny kickboard that is shaped, front and back, to also be a pull buoy. I borrowed one a couple of days ago, and thought is was fine as a small kickboard. It's stream lined, so would be good for side or underwater kicking, as well as normal kicking. And it really is small for a kickboard. But as a pull buoy, I didn't like it much. Maybe because I'm short (5'4") and have relatively short legs besides, but it was a little too long for me (though I could use it) and the shape was such that I had to think more than I wanted to about not losing it when I flip turned. As a test, I kicked a couple laps with my Finis pull buoy. It had just a little more buoyancy than the Sporti hybird, but would be really bad at stream lined kicking on my side or underwater. But it was fine as a small kickboard for "normal" kicking. I thought the hybrid kick board/pull buoy was a great idea, even though I don't like this one enough as a pull buoy to buy one. I expect a lot a people (who are taller than me) will love it.
Children
No Data