Sore shoulders from kicking with a kick board

Other than stop using a kick board does anyone have any ideas on how to reduce shoulder soreness associated with using a kick board. We have been really working on kick as part of our LCM training this season and my quads are sore but by far and a way my shoulders hurt the most. During the kick set I am fine but a few hours later my shoulders are stiff and sore.
Parents
  • As a swim coach of 34 HS seasons and in Masters for 29 years, I do not use a kick board. I feel if you want to work on your kick , why are you artificially holding up your body in a non streamline position to hold something? You can also work your turns with proper turns in all strokes without that thing in your hands. Try just kicking to help the shoulders.
  • As a swim coach of 34 HS seasons and in Masters for 29 years, I do not use a kick board. I feel if you want to work on your kick , why are you artificially holding up your body in a non streamline position to hold something? You can also work your turns with proper turns in all strokes without that thing in your hands. Try just kicking to help the shoulders.
Children
No Data