Sore shoulders from kicking with a kick board

Other than stop using a kick board does anyone have any ideas on how to reduce shoulder soreness associated with using a kick board. We have been really working on kick as part of our LCM training this season and my quads are sore but by far and a way my shoulders hurt the most. During the kick set I am fine but a few hours later my shoulders are stiff and sore.
Parents
  • Also, pay attention to how you are gripping the board. Are you gripping tight? Are you pressing down on the board to help keep your head out of the water? In both cases this puts more strain on your shoulders than is good. Next time, try to loosely place your hands on the middle of the board and focus on engaging your core to help stabilize your upper body. -prw
  • Also, pay attention to how you are gripping the board. Are you gripping tight? Are you pressing down on the board to help keep your head out of the water? In both cases this puts more strain on your shoulders than is good. Next time, try to loosely place your hands on the middle of the board and focus on engaging your core to help stabilize your upper body. -prw
Children
No Data