Sore shoulders from kicking with a kick board

Other than stop using a kick board does anyone have any ideas on how to reduce shoulder soreness associated with using a kick board. We have been really working on kick as part of our LCM training this season and my quads are sore but by far and a way my shoulders hurt the most. During the kick set I am fine but a few hours later my shoulders are stiff and sore.
Parents
  • Kicking with a standard kickboard does tend to put some strain on the shoulders if overused. There are plenty of other variations on kicking drills that you can try which are sometimes even more effective than using the board. Drills like kick at side, kick on your back, hyperkick are all great ways to develop the legs and the core at the same time. If you are required to use the board, you can try what Allen suggested - holding on to the very end of the board and keeping your face in the water, lifting your head to breathe. This will reduce some of the tension on your shoulders. But I would highly recommend varying your kick sets, if possible.
  • Kicking with a standard kickboard does tend to put some strain on the shoulders if overused. There are plenty of other variations on kicking drills that you can try which are sometimes even more effective than using the board. Drills like kick at side, kick on your back, hyperkick are all great ways to develop the legs and the core at the same time. If you are required to use the board, you can try what Allen suggested - holding on to the very end of the board and keeping your face in the water, lifting your head to breathe. This will reduce some of the tension on your shoulders. But I would highly recommend varying your kick sets, if possible.
Children
No Data