Sore shoulders from kicking with a kick board

Other than stop using a kick board does anyone have any ideas on how to reduce shoulder soreness associated with using a kick board. We have been really working on kick as part of our LCM training this season and my quads are sore but by far and a way my shoulders hurt the most. During the kick set I am fine but a few hours later my shoulders are stiff and sore.
Parents
  • You can try holding the kick board at the back end and keeping your face in the water,raising your head to breathe. That will decrease the stress on your shoulders. Because of the shoulder strain,and the fact that using a kick board moves you into an unstreamlined position, I almost never use one. Instead I kick using my snorkel.
  • You can try holding the kick board at the back end and keeping your face in the water,raising your head to breathe. That will decrease the stress on your shoulders. Because of the shoulder strain,and the fact that using a kick board moves you into an unstreamlined position, I almost never use one. Instead I kick using my snorkel.
Children
No Data