Help me with seed times..please! :)

So, entries are due for my first meet back after a long break. My times are much slower than ever in history, which is to be expected but since I've only been practicing 12 weeks so far, time is dropping fast. When I did event swims earlier this week - at about 75% effort - they were from 10 to 20 seconds faster than the previous week and my splits keep getting faster daily. I realize I can only do my best guess but this is for the state games, so I'd like reasonable seed times. So here's the truth in numbers, best to date - everything SCY 400 IM - 7:21 held strong, start from the wall. 200 IM - 3:34 yesterday best in a set of 6 x 200 but today did 3:22.85 with dive from the deck and with rest beforehand. Best effort but goggles filled on start and I did a "sneaky" dump on the back and came up deep on my *** pullout and ended up slamming on the breaks by accident. So could have been better. I was also planning on swimming the 100 & 200 *** - my signature events but my *** splits have been especially lackluster and my training has been primarily IM, so I don't have as many times to go off of. 100 *** - 1:55. strong from wall during a 10x100 set 200 *** - 4:08 from wall on a build pace to 80% effort in a set of 5 x 200 but dated June 1st. In comparison, similar 200 IM sets from the wall have dropped 13 seconds from June 1st. I am also wearing a practice suit that at this point is floating around me for these swims but I plan on wearing a TYR fusion for the meet. Here's what I'm guessing since entries are due now and it's 3 weeks until the meet. Since it's such a short amount of time building base, I'm planning to drop taper like 3 days before the meet. 400 IM - 7:00 200 IM - 3:15 100 *** - 1:45 200 *** - 3:40 What do you think? I certainly want to have myself well seeded for the 200 *** & 400 IM lest I start trying to race people who are much faster than me and come to a crashing halt at the end. I prefer to have competition in my races and with some exceptions for a couple perfectly timed tapers, don't usually do as well when I have a clear lead or way behind.
Parents
  • We ALL HAVE TIMES THAT CHANGE EACH YEAR. AS YOU SEEM TO BE GETTING FASTER , ENTER A TIME THAT YOU HAVE DONE SHORTLY BEFORE THE MEET. AS STATED ABOVE , OTHERS ENTER TIMES THAT ARE JUST OUT OF THIN AIR. ENJOY THE MEET FOR YOURSELF! Sorry about the caps - ooppss
  • We ALL HAVE TIMES THAT CHANGE EACH YEAR. AS YOU SEEM TO BE GETTING FASTER , ENTER A TIME THAT YOU HAVE DONE SHORTLY BEFORE THE MEET. AS STATED ABOVE , OTHERS ENTER TIMES THAT ARE JUST OUT OF THIN AIR. ENJOY THE MEET FOR YOURSELF! Sorry about the caps - ooppss
Children
No Data