Training SCY for LCM races

Hello all, I train at UC (Cincinnati), and I train hard every day. The problem is (at least I think it's a problem) that long course is only available three days a week out of the seven that I swim. My question is, what kinds of swims do I do in yards that could condition my body for the stresses of long course races? I swim all breaststroke distances (prefer the 50 and 100, but the 200 is probably my best), and sprint freestyle (just the 50 at nationals). I am doing a lot of sprint work and kick work which I think will benefit my 50 and 100 breaststroke and freestyle, but I am a little worried that I won't be aerobically ready for the 200 when it is time to race. Simply speaking :P, there are just too many turns in a 200 yard breaststroke to mimic one set in LCM. If anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate it! Thanks! Alex M.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    That stinks! I guess I read the affiliation rule as any club whose parent was registered with FINA. Seems odd that anyone can compete at USMS but the reciprocal is not true in Europe. I wonder if the 1 year rule applies to Europeans who are only now starting to swim? Although we've gone somewhat off-topic: The point of comparison is with our Nationals, for which you must be registered with an Amateur Swimming Association (or Scottish / Welsh equivalent) OR a club from any FINA affiliated federation. Which I'm not sure USMS is, although perhaps clubs that are registered with USMS are also registered with USA Swimming? The point is that the Europeans are a European Championship. Otherwise it would be the World Championship. I guess you don't have an pan-American Masters Championship or anything? Incidentally, I thought that you had to be registered with USMS to compete at Nationals but it isn't clear from the rules. You can't enter a relay team from a non-USMS team, though...
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    That stinks! I guess I read the affiliation rule as any club whose parent was registered with FINA. Seems odd that anyone can compete at USMS but the reciprocal is not true in Europe. I wonder if the 1 year rule applies to Europeans who are only now starting to swim? Although we've gone somewhat off-topic: The point of comparison is with our Nationals, for which you must be registered with an Amateur Swimming Association (or Scottish / Welsh equivalent) OR a club from any FINA affiliated federation. Which I'm not sure USMS is, although perhaps clubs that are registered with USMS are also registered with USA Swimming? The point is that the Europeans are a European Championship. Otherwise it would be the World Championship. I guess you don't have an pan-American Masters Championship or anything? Incidentally, I thought that you had to be registered with USMS to compete at Nationals but it isn't clear from the rules. You can't enter a relay team from a non-USMS team, though...
Children
No Data