Training SCY for LCM races

Hello all, I train at UC (Cincinnati), and I train hard every day. The problem is (at least I think it's a problem) that long course is only available three days a week out of the seven that I swim. My question is, what kinds of swims do I do in yards that could condition my body for the stresses of long course races? I swim all breaststroke distances (prefer the 50 and 100, but the 200 is probably my best), and sprint freestyle (just the 50 at nationals). I am doing a lot of sprint work and kick work which I think will benefit my 50 and 100 breaststroke and freestyle, but I am a little worried that I won't be aerobically ready for the 200 when it is time to race. Simply speaking :P, there are just too many turns in a 200 yard breaststroke to mimic one set in LCM. If anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate it! Thanks! Alex M.
Parents
  • So anyone FINA registered anywhere can swim in a USMS meet, but only European registered swimmers can swim in this meet? That's why I want to be careful. :can of worms: I've written an email to the address given by Jayhawk above. Still waiting on reply.
  • So anyone FINA registered anywhere can swim in a USMS meet, but only European registered swimmers can swim in this meet? That's why I want to be careful. :can of worms: I've written an email to the address given by Jayhawk above. Still waiting on reply.
Children
No Data