Training SCY for LCM races

Hello all, I train at UC (Cincinnati), and I train hard every day. The problem is (at least I think it's a problem) that long course is only available three days a week out of the seven that I swim. My question is, what kinds of swims do I do in yards that could condition my body for the stresses of long course races? I swim all breaststroke distances (prefer the 50 and 100, but the 200 is probably my best), and sprint freestyle (just the 50 at nationals). I am doing a lot of sprint work and kick work which I think will benefit my 50 and 100 breaststroke and freestyle, but I am a little worried that I won't be aerobically ready for the 200 when it is time to race. Simply speaking :P, there are just too many turns in a 200 yard breaststroke to mimic one set in LCM. If anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate it! Thanks! Alex M.
Parents
  • Having access to LCM regularly puts you at an advantage over many who never or seldom swim LCM except at meets. m2tall2's advise is excellent.The main secret to swimming LCM is to be psyched for it.You get to SWIM without those turns getting in the way every time you get your stroke flowing.
  • Having access to LCM regularly puts you at an advantage over many who never or seldom swim LCM except at meets. m2tall2's advise is excellent.The main secret to swimming LCM is to be psyched for it.You get to SWIM without those turns getting in the way every time you get your stroke flowing.
Children
No Data