Pain in back of the knee?

Has anyone had a pain in the back of the knee that makes doing a breaststroke kick essentially impossible? Not sure if that's how I hurt it or if it's something else. Also hurts when bending - either sitting down or getting up. It's sort of strange pain in that it doesn't feel like that part of my knee is straining at the moments when it is hurting. Suggestions for what this might be are welcome. (And yes, I will go to the doctor).
Parents
  • While I'm not sure I've ever experienced exactly what you describe, I have had my share of aches and pains. If it were my knee, I'd probably not do anything that hurt it and try to strengthen the muscles around it by using machines or bands in the weight room. If lifting weights or using bands also hurts it, I'd discontinue any and all painful activity until the pain goes away and then start back slowly with strengthening exercises. I wouldn't try breaststroke again until at least a few weeks had passed without any pain. Thank you -- that's good advice.
  • While I'm not sure I've ever experienced exactly what you describe, I have had my share of aches and pains. If it were my knee, I'd probably not do anything that hurt it and try to strengthen the muscles around it by using machines or bands in the weight room. If lifting weights or using bands also hurts it, I'd discontinue any and all painful activity until the pain goes away and then start back slowly with strengthening exercises. I wouldn't try breaststroke again until at least a few weeks had passed without any pain. Thank you -- that's good advice.
Children
No Data