Sprint workouts for a distance guy coming to the pool world

Former Member
Former Member
I am coming to the pool full time after a long and fun run of triathlons and various multi sport events. Very excited about swimming a lot and love it. Problem is I have spent the last 20 years doing a lot of mind numbing threshold workouts. SO tired of that and anything over a 200 makes me want to head for the parking lot! I'm looking forward to becoming whatever kind of sprinter I can become. The great thing is I can and will swim no less than 5 days a week. Bad part is it will be by myself almost all the time I simply can't make the Masters practices and meet my family/work obligations. Would be great if anyone has any fun workout ideas since I won't be able to get them from a Masters coach. Thank you!
Parents
  • I am coming to the pool full time after a long and fun run of triathlons and various multi sport events. Very excited about swimming a lot and love it. Problem is I have spent the last 20 years doing a lot of mind numbing threshold workouts. SO tired of that and anything over a 200 makes me want to head for the parking lot! I'm looking forward to becoming whatever kind of sprinter I can become. The great thing is I can and will swim no less than 5 days a week. Bad part is it will be by myself almost all the time I simply can't make the Masters practices and meet my family/work obligations. Would be great if anyone has any fun workout ideas since I won't be able to get them from a Masters coach. Thank you! Check out the High Intensity workouts on the forums here and, in addition to Andrew's current and recent workouts, make sure you go back in time to see some of Leslie Livingston's workouts there (posted as The Fortress).
  • I am coming to the pool full time after a long and fun run of triathlons and various multi sport events. Very excited about swimming a lot and love it. Problem is I have spent the last 20 years doing a lot of mind numbing threshold workouts. SO tired of that and anything over a 200 makes me want to head for the parking lot! I'm looking forward to becoming whatever kind of sprinter I can become. The great thing is I can and will swim no less than 5 days a week. Bad part is it will be by myself almost all the time I simply can't make the Masters practices and meet my family/work obligations. Would be great if anyone has any fun workout ideas since I won't be able to get them from a Masters coach. Thank you! Check out the High Intensity workouts on the forums here and, in addition to Andrew's current and recent workouts, make sure you go back in time to see some of Leslie Livingston's workouts there (posted as The Fortress).
Children
No Data