Dizziness, room spinning

Former Member
Former Member
I started swimming about nine months ago. In the beginning, I couldn't stand water getting into and get stuck in my ears, so I started wearing earplugs. I am a much better swimming now. I am able to swim 2 miles w/o breaks with using freestyle. So today, I tried swimming without earplugs. Oh man, I started getting dizzy. The pool was literally spinning. I couldn't swim anymore and had to stop for the day. Am I the only one experiencing this, or is this a common things amongst swimmer who are used to wearing earplugs? If possible, I want to be able to swim without earplugs in the near future. Do you have any advice? Thanks.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    I started swimming about nine months ago. In the beginning, I couldn't stand water getting into and get stuck in my ears, so I started wearing earplugs. I am a much better swimming now. I am able to swim 2 miles w/o breaks with using freestyle. So today, I tried swimming without earplugs. Oh man, I started getting dizzy. The pool was literally spinning. I couldn't swim anymore and had to stop for the day. Am I the only one experiencing this, or is this a common things amongst swimmer who are used to wearing earplugs? If possible, I want to be able to swim without earplugs in the near future. Do you have any advice? Thanks.I haven't experienced that, but I used to get fairly frequent ear infections before I started wearing ear plugs. Haven't had any ear infections since. Just keep wearing the ear plugs is my advice. And it's always good to see a doctor, ENT in this case, just to make sure there isn't anything serious.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    I started swimming about nine months ago. In the beginning, I couldn't stand water getting into and get stuck in my ears, so I started wearing earplugs. I am a much better swimming now. I am able to swim 2 miles w/o breaks with using freestyle. So today, I tried swimming without earplugs. Oh man, I started getting dizzy. The pool was literally spinning. I couldn't swim anymore and had to stop for the day. Am I the only one experiencing this, or is this a common things amongst swimmer who are used to wearing earplugs? If possible, I want to be able to swim without earplugs in the near future. Do you have any advice? Thanks.I haven't experienced that, but I used to get fairly frequent ear infections before I started wearing ear plugs. Haven't had any ear infections since. Just keep wearing the ear plugs is my advice. And it's always good to see a doctor, ENT in this case, just to make sure there isn't anything serious.
Children
No Data