Dizziness, room spinning

Former Member
Former Member
I started swimming about nine months ago. In the beginning, I couldn't stand water getting into and get stuck in my ears, so I started wearing earplugs. I am a much better swimming now. I am able to swim 2 miles w/o breaks with using freestyle. So today, I tried swimming without earplugs. Oh man, I started getting dizzy. The pool was literally spinning. I couldn't swim anymore and had to stop for the day. Am I the only one experiencing this, or is this a common things amongst swimmer who are used to wearing earplugs? If possible, I want to be able to swim without earplugs in the near future. Do you have any advice? Thanks.
Parents
  • Elaine, the cure is to imitate the head movements that cause dizziness, bringing on vertigo, and continuing to do this until your inner ear gets used to the movements and the fluid balances out on its own. If you can stand the treatment, it works, but it also doesn't guarantee it won't come back.
  • Elaine, the cure is to imitate the head movements that cause dizziness, bringing on vertigo, and continuing to do this until your inner ear gets used to the movements and the fluid balances out on its own. If you can stand the treatment, it works, but it also doesn't guarantee it won't come back.
Children
No Data