Hypoxic Training - Good or Bad?

I'm just curious to know what you all think about hypoxic training. Do you think it's a good or a bad thing and why?
Parents
  • As a distance swimmer, I can empathize with Judester. I've gotten pretty good at flip turns, and have become quite fast at them and using and maintaining the speed that they give coming off the wall, especially for shorter distances (200 or less). But for distance events, they will eventually wear me down, particularly in the 1650. The lack of oxygen caused by holding one's breath during the turn builds up over the course of a long swim and eventually causes me to slow down. Perhaps hypoxic training could be valuable in decreasing this impact?
  • As a distance swimmer, I can empathize with Judester. I've gotten pretty good at flip turns, and have become quite fast at them and using and maintaining the speed that they give coming off the wall, especially for shorter distances (200 or less). But for distance events, they will eventually wear me down, particularly in the 1650. The lack of oxygen caused by holding one's breath during the turn builds up over the course of a long swim and eventually causes me to slow down. Perhaps hypoxic training could be valuable in decreasing this impact?
Children
No Data