Hypoxic Training - Good or Bad?

I'm just curious to know what you all think about hypoxic training. Do you think it's a good or a bad thing and why?
Parents
  • I agree with gobears - the issue seems to be more with your flipturn technique than with your ability to hold your breath. Do you experience the same problem when you practice turns on their own? An inefficient turn, coupled with intense fullstroke sets, can result in the need to come up for air quickly out of the wall. That points to a conditioning issue. Do you hold in air when you are turning or do you release the air underwater gradually? Holding in your breath is also taxing and can increase the desire and need to take in air. The actual turn itself may be slower and inefficient, thus forcing you to stay underwater for a longer period of time. It is difficult to really be able to determine the cause without seeing you swim, but those are some of the issues that might be responsible in this case.
  • I agree with gobears - the issue seems to be more with your flipturn technique than with your ability to hold your breath. Do you experience the same problem when you practice turns on their own? An inefficient turn, coupled with intense fullstroke sets, can result in the need to come up for air quickly out of the wall. That points to a conditioning issue. Do you hold in air when you are turning or do you release the air underwater gradually? Holding in your breath is also taxing and can increase the desire and need to take in air. The actual turn itself may be slower and inefficient, thus forcing you to stay underwater for a longer period of time. It is difficult to really be able to determine the cause without seeing you swim, but those are some of the issues that might be responsible in this case.
Children
No Data