Laser Measures

If anyone needs a laser measure and has only pools 's a laser measure on Amazon's Deal of the day today (5/28) for $59. Looks like it is good all day today, while supplies last.
  • Would this be recognized measure for meet certification as far as requirements of 25 yards or 50 m ?
  • not only can they move, the holes can egg out and they can also flex. and heck no!!! the bulkheads at U of Texas can roll the entire length of the pool the can be each at one end, both on either end, or in the middle for a 25 yd/m pool with warmup lanes on both sides of them
  • Just curious…I admittedly don’t really know anything about pool and/or meet certification…but why would pool length for one particular meet need to be certified if USA Swimming (or whatever governing body) has already certified the pool for a certain length (presumably when it was built)? Pools don’t change size (do they?). Seems like once a pool is certified at whatever length that it’d be good for all time, for all meets. Dan
  • to what accuracy does it go to? FINA requires 0.000 accuracy.
  • I agree - once built it seems to stay the same. I do remember reading somewhere that once you measure & send that in , you can back reference to it for all future meets. Am I correct? Unless you have a movable bulkhead.
  • I do remember reading somewhere that once you measure & send that in , you can back reference to it for all future meets. Am I correct? Correct, at least as far as USMS is concerned, non-bulkhead pools need only be measured once, unless they undergo significant renovation.
  • The issue is bulkhead pools.USMS requires measurement before and after a days competition at bulkhead pools.
  • Can bulkhead pools be locked at a non required distance? i thought ,once set, they would only stop at the required distance.
  • With a moveable bulkhead you'd think design/engineering would take the wear of the notch holes into account. If you can set the bulkhead at any distance, couldn't there be specific marks on the sides of the pool to indicate exactly where the edge of the bulkhead must be placed for specific distances? Dan
  • Interestingly, the pre and post measurements are not required by FINA to set world records but are required by USMS for Top Ten consideration.