Help with Swimmers Stroke Speed

Hi Everyone, I have one question. I have a swimmer who I have tried to help speed up her rotation. She cannot seem to get into the sprinting habit (She is not a long distance swimmer, but she very well could be with this stroke). She is in high school and it affects all her strokes where she enters the water and holds her glide too long. I have tried to get her to "skip over" reaching as fast as she can to try and have her feel a totally different stroke. Does anyone have any dryland or stroke techniques that they utilize to work on faster arm repetition? Thanks!
Parents
  • All of these are great ideas! Thank you everyone, I will try to report back when I see improvements in her stroke. I am going with: Tempo Trainer, Fist Drill, Head-up freestyle Drill, and maybe some leg work if legs are the problem.
  • All of these are great ideas! Thank you everyone, I will try to report back when I see improvements in her stroke. I am going with: Tempo Trainer, Fist Drill, Head-up freestyle Drill, and maybe some leg work if legs are the problem.
Children
No Data