Help with Swimmers Stroke Speed

Hi Everyone, I have one question. I have a swimmer who I have tried to help speed up her rotation. She cannot seem to get into the sprinting habit (She is not a long distance swimmer, but she very well could be with this stroke). She is in high school and it affects all her strokes where she enters the water and holds her glide too long. I have tried to get her to "skip over" reaching as fast as she can to try and have her feel a totally different stroke. Does anyone have any dryland or stroke techniques that they utilize to work on faster arm repetition? Thanks!
Parents
  • Her kick is pretty fast, she can keep up with my 18yr olds during kick sets. when she reaches out in front, she waves her hand around before pulling. This was one area I am trying to have her focus on. She just started high school and her favorite stroke is backstroke but her freestyle arm speed has started to affect her backstroke pull now it seems. I will try the head up drill with her.
  • Her kick is pretty fast, she can keep up with my 18yr olds during kick sets. when she reaches out in front, she waves her hand around before pulling. This was one area I am trying to have her focus on. She just started high school and her favorite stroke is backstroke but her freestyle arm speed has started to affect her backstroke pull now it seems. I will try the head up drill with her.
Children
No Data