Chlorine Shampoo

Wondering what everyone is using. I am unable to purchase Ultra Swim at any of my local stores, and can't create a big enough order on the internet to make it worthwhile. Was recommended to use Paul Mitchell Clarifying Shampoo, or Fairy Tales Lifeguard Clarifying Shampoo, so at the moment I am using the Paul Mitchell shampoo. I am good with that Paul Mitchell is a good product and has been around for years. I have never heard of the Fairy Tales shampoo until this weekend. Comments please. Thanks,
  • I use Triswim, which I really like, alternatively with my regular shampoo. It got good reviews in the Swimmer issue that talked about best hair products, and it has a nice, clean smell.
  • Malibu swim and sport shampoo is pretty good.
  • I’ve been told by hair care professionals that most shampoos will do the trick of removing unwanted chemicals and metals from your hair after swimming. The active ingredient you’re looking for in the shampoo is EDTA (or Ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid). Look at the list of ingredients and you’ll see that most shampoos and liquid soaps have it. It is a “chelating” agent that helps rinse chlorine and metals from your hair. The FDA only allows so much of it in those products and generally they all have the same amount. You can get the same effect with cheaper, easier to obtain products. I’m not a chemist or hair care professional so look it up for yourself to see what “chelating” is, and what EDTA does. Dan
  • I like Suave Professionals line. It's $5-6 at Walmart and works as well as or better than the high priced products. I recently had 12 inches cut off of my hair, and it was fairly healthy and soft despite regular dye jobs and swimming.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    ... I am unable to purchase Ultra Swim at any of my local stores, and can't create a big enough order on the internet to make it worthwhile. ...I haven't used any of the other ones, but I get the Ultra Swim shampoo and conditioner from Amazon for $12.68 with free shipping on Amazon Prime: www.amazon.com/.../ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00 Is there somewhere you can get it cheaper if you order it in bulk?
  • I switched from ultraswim to tri-swim after trying it at Nationals in 2012. It seems to do a better job than ultraswim. I buy it in bulk in December when there is the 25% off with pre-registering for masters.