LCM

LCM is the Olympic distance and my favorite venue,but even though it is "long course" it gets short shrift. With SCY Nationals completed,my thoughts turn to LCM,but here in Oregon,and I suppose many other LMSCs, most swimmers either think about open water or about vacations. Many areas don't have easy access to 50M pools,but I find I can train SCY to swim LCM with a few modifications.It can be hard to find meets though.In Oregon,I have been told by coaches, that it is hard to schedule LCM meets since almost every weekend has an open water swim scheduled.Open water is fine for the people who like it,but come on,LCM is the Olympic distance. LCM Nationals tends to attract about half the entries that SCY Nationals does,for a variety of reasons,but I would hope that more of you would accept the challenge.Try it,you'll like it.
Parents
  • i swam with both Stewart at christmas (he killed me) and PWB with me at austin gp (we were dead even). IDK what your workouts are like, but Stewart's are outrageous! Who practices with shingles? Probably nobody beats Stewart in practice. ... going in i thought i might be lucky to get 3rd in the 500. Hey, hey, hey that belongs in a different thread... the one about sandbagging;) on the flip side, my sprinting felt totally flat. no sharpness, didnt feel like i had any speed at all. and my turns while sprinting showed i cant see the wall at all! it's called RACING! not show up and give me a trophy. Indeed, and you put down some great swims.
  • i swam with both Stewart at christmas (he killed me) and PWB with me at austin gp (we were dead even). IDK what your workouts are like, but Stewart's are outrageous! Who practices with shingles? Probably nobody beats Stewart in practice. ... going in i thought i might be lucky to get 3rd in the 500. Hey, hey, hey that belongs in a different thread... the one about sandbagging;) on the flip side, my sprinting felt totally flat. no sharpness, didnt feel like i had any speed at all. and my turns while sprinting showed i cant see the wall at all! it's called RACING! not show up and give me a trophy. Indeed, and you put down some great swims.
Children
No Data