A funny from swim meet

Former Member
Former Member
The bleachers at this meet are setup about 18 inches from the edge of the pool. If you are sitting on the bottom row you will get splashed as the swimmer in lane one goes by. So, 1st heat of boys open 400 IM. The young man in lane one is an older boy--maybe 17 or 18 and very well built... He is a big boy who was struggling a bit with the fly. He swims past as his mother and other swim moms from his team cheer him on. He turns, and as he is backstroking past the bleachers and his cheering fans he says, "THIS SUCKS!" The bleachers erupt into laughter. His poor mother was mortified! All she could say was, "Only my son, only my son!" What other funny things have you heard at swim meets?
Parents
  • When I was coaching my H S girls team in the 80's, the girls were allowed by the head coach to listen to music on their Diskman during the long diving event. a diver from the other team was on the board when one girl from our team looked up and said in a loud voice that was heard by all --"look at the boobs on her!!!" I reacted in shock & ran over to her and yanked off the headphones & said "every person in the pool area just heard what you said!" The meet official looked at us coaches for a long few seconds & asked the girl if she wanted to continue. She took a deep breath & did her dive. I later apologized to her. I forbade any of my swimmers from listening to music from that point on.
  • When I was coaching my H S girls team in the 80's, the girls were allowed by the head coach to listen to music on their Diskman during the long diving event. a diver from the other team was on the board when one girl from our team looked up and said in a loud voice that was heard by all --"look at the boobs on her!!!" I reacted in shock & ran over to her and yanked off the headphones & said "every person in the pool area just heard what you said!" The meet official looked at us coaches for a long few seconds & asked the girl if she wanted to continue. She took a deep breath & did her dive. I later apologized to her. I forbade any of my swimmers from listening to music from that point on.
Children
No Data