A funny from swim meet

Former Member
Former Member
The bleachers at this meet are setup about 18 inches from the edge of the pool. If you are sitting on the bottom row you will get splashed as the swimmer in lane one goes by. So, 1st heat of boys open 400 IM. The young man in lane one is an older boy--maybe 17 or 18 and very well built... He is a big boy who was struggling a bit with the fly. He swims past as his mother and other swim moms from his team cheer him on. He turns, and as he is backstroking past the bleachers and his cheering fans he says, "THIS SUCKS!" The bleachers erupt into laughter. His poor mother was mortified! All she could say was, "Only my son, only my son!" What other funny things have you heard at swim meets?
Parents
  • This happened at an open water swim event (The annual Save The Bay Swim in Rhode Island) several years ago, when Patrick Kennedy was one of our U.S. Representatives. He’s always been an active supporter of the event, and several years he actually swam it. One year, minutes before the swim was set to begin…I saw him struggling to get his wetsuit on. He was off to the side, all alone, with none of his “people” around. Then I thought…that’s strange…most swimming wetsuits have the zipper in the back. He was trying to zip up the front. Immediately I realized that he was putting the thing on backwards. So I walked over and whispered in his ear “Congressman, the zipper goes in the back.” He looked at me and said “Oh, thanks! Vote for me in November.” Dan
  • This happened at an open water swim event (The annual Save The Bay Swim in Rhode Island) several years ago, when Patrick Kennedy was one of our U.S. Representatives. He’s always been an active supporter of the event, and several years he actually swam it. One year, minutes before the swim was set to begin…I saw him struggling to get his wetsuit on. He was off to the side, all alone, with none of his “people” around. Then I thought…that’s strange…most swimming wetsuits have the zipper in the back. He was trying to zip up the front. Immediately I realized that he was putting the thing on backwards. So I walked over and whispered in his ear “Congressman, the zipper goes in the back.” He looked at me and said “Oh, thanks! Vote for me in November.” Dan
Children
No Data