A funny from swim meet

Former Member
Former Member
The bleachers at this meet are setup about 18 inches from the edge of the pool. If you are sitting on the bottom row you will get splashed as the swimmer in lane one goes by. So, 1st heat of boys open 400 IM. The young man in lane one is an older boy--maybe 17 or 18 and very well built... He is a big boy who was struggling a bit with the fly. He swims past as his mother and other swim moms from his team cheer him on. He turns, and as he is backstroking past the bleachers and his cheering fans he says, "THIS SUCKS!" The bleachers erupt into laughter. His poor mother was mortified! All she could say was, "Only my son, only my son!" What other funny things have you heard at swim meets?
Parents
  • I was cheering for my team from the sidelines during the postal challenge this year, walking along the sides and ends trying to encourage them. One of the ladies was a bit grumpy from coming in late and starting a bit late so I tried to get her to lighten up a bit. I started doing the Dougie and sprinkler dances on the side (which got a laugh from one of the other ladies), but all she did was look me in the eye on a breath and flip me off mid stroke. I died laughing. Thankfully, she loosened up a bit after that.
  • I was cheering for my team from the sidelines during the postal challenge this year, walking along the sides and ends trying to encourage them. One of the ladies was a bit grumpy from coming in late and starting a bit late so I tried to get her to lighten up a bit. I started doing the Dougie and sprinkler dances on the side (which got a laugh from one of the other ladies), but all she did was look me in the eye on a breath and flip me off mid stroke. I died laughing. Thankfully, she loosened up a bit after that.
Children
No Data