A funny from swim meet

Former Member
Former Member
The bleachers at this meet are setup about 18 inches from the edge of the pool. If you are sitting on the bottom row you will get splashed as the swimmer in lane one goes by. So, 1st heat of boys open 400 IM. The young man in lane one is an older boy--maybe 17 or 18 and very well built... He is a big boy who was struggling a bit with the fly. He swims past as his mother and other swim moms from his team cheer him on. He turns, and as he is backstroking past the bleachers and his cheering fans he says, "THIS SUCKS!" The bleachers erupt into laughter. His poor mother was mortified! All she could say was, "Only my son, only my son!" What other funny things have you heard at swim meets?
Parents
  • At a Masters Meet,a friend of mine(who is an excellent backstroker) was swimming the 100 IM. At the back to breaststroke turn he turned on to his stomach,like a back to back turn.Realizing his error he kept turning back on to his back,but in frustration,as his mouth came out of the water he yelled "Oh S***" loud enough for most of us to hear.
  • At a Masters Meet,a friend of mine(who is an excellent backstroker) was swimming the 100 IM. At the back to breaststroke turn he turned on to his stomach,like a back to back turn.Realizing his error he kept turning back on to his back,but in frustration,as his mouth came out of the water he yelled "Oh S***" loud enough for most of us to hear.
Children
No Data