rule on records

Hypothetical question: can a hypothetical French citizen set hypothetical national records swimming for a hypothetical American team?
Parents
  • We have many USMS members who are citizens of other countries. It would not be practical to check everyone's citizenship I could be wrong, but I don't think Kurt is implying only U.S. citizens be allowed in USMS. What he IS suggesting is that only U.S. citizens be eligible for USMS national records. In this case you would not have to "check everyone's citizenship," you would only need to check the citizenship of those who broke records. And since birth date is already being checked, would there really be a lot more effort to check citizenship?
  • We have many USMS members who are citizens of other countries. It would not be practical to check everyone's citizenship I could be wrong, but I don't think Kurt is implying only U.S. citizens be allowed in USMS. What he IS suggesting is that only U.S. citizens be eligible for USMS national records. In this case you would not have to "check everyone's citizenship," you would only need to check the citizenship of those who broke records. And since birth date is already being checked, would there really be a lot more effort to check citizenship?
Children
No Data