Newbie coming out of LONG retirement

I swam as a junior until I was 15, then took a long break until I started doing triathlons at age 50, and am now coming up on my 62nd birthday. Really enjoy my swimming so decided to come out of my competitive swimming "retirement" and enter a Masters meet in June. Going to limit myself to 50M and 100M for now, but down the road would like to start swimming IM again. No expectations; I figure I'll be left in the wake during the first heats, but just want to have some fun and see how I can do. Any words of wisdom? Mark
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    Welcome back! I returned to swimming about 10 years ago, in my mid-40s, and it has made a dramatic difference in my quality of life. I use competition to keep me focused, and it works. My in-laws live in Sarasota, and one of my favorite pools in the world is there--that outdoor SCM pool at Lido Beach. Fantastic!
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    Welcome back! I returned to swimming about 10 years ago, in my mid-40s, and it has made a dramatic difference in my quality of life. I use competition to keep me focused, and it works. My in-laws live in Sarasota, and one of my favorite pools in the world is there--that outdoor SCM pool at Lido Beach. Fantastic!
Children
No Data