Is there a typical pattern for USMS workout group session?

New USMS member, and I suspect others like me might hesitate to show up for USMS group workout session for fear of not knowing enough terminology or the way groups swim together. I'm comfortable circle swimming and have done open water group practice swims, but never having been on a swim team, I'm a bit worried about having that goggles-in-the-headlights look if somebody says, "Now let's do a set."
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    We have a whole Masters Swimming 101 series of articles just for you! Click on any of the below titles. Masters Swimming 101 Article Series How to start swim practice as an adult Swimming is great exercise, but practicing with a group can seem mysterious to... What equipment do I need? Not much! The beauty of swimming is that the water provides all the resistance... What are the basics of pool etiquette? Safety always comes first, and swimming's first rule is never to swim alone.... What is a typical workout? Like a good play, a good workout develops in three main acts: the warm-up, the... Yards and meters Coaches will give instructions mainly in terms of distance (or yardage) and... How do I use the pace clock? A related question would be: Why are swimmers so obsessed with time? You'll... More lingo you're likely to hear at practice Here are a few more terms you'll likely hear at swim practice. Some of them... How do I learn the four strokes? Why do I want to? Some swimmers and many triathletes only want to swim freestyle, the fastest...
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    We have a whole Masters Swimming 101 series of articles just for you! Click on any of the below titles. Masters Swimming 101 Article Series How to start swim practice as an adult Swimming is great exercise, but practicing with a group can seem mysterious to... What equipment do I need? Not much! The beauty of swimming is that the water provides all the resistance... What are the basics of pool etiquette? Safety always comes first, and swimming's first rule is never to swim alone.... What is a typical workout? Like a good play, a good workout develops in three main acts: the warm-up, the... Yards and meters Coaches will give instructions mainly in terms of distance (or yardage) and... How do I use the pace clock? A related question would be: Why are swimmers so obsessed with time? You'll... More lingo you're likely to hear at practice Here are a few more terms you'll likely hear at swim practice. Some of them... How do I learn the four strokes? Why do I want to? Some swimmers and many triathletes only want to swim freestyle, the fastest...
Children
No Data