Slower Kick + Slower Pull = Faster Swimmer??

I need some theories on why this could be true: Assuming that both swimmers are kicking/pulling/swimming freestyle for the same distance with the same effort and without fins and paddles, swimmer A consistently kicks slower than swimmer B and swimmer A consistently pulls slower than swimmer B but swimmer A consistently swims full stroke faster than swimmer B. The only thing I can think of that might make this true is that swimmer A's body positioning in the water and/or body rotation changes somehow when swimming full stroke and that that change reduces drag but I can't think of what that "somehow" could be. Maybe the rotation that occurs when pulling is making the kick more effective than when only kicking..?
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    How does swimmer B's pull and swim times compare? If the pull is faster maybe they can improve their body position while swimming full stroke. Swimmer B might also not have proper timing between their kick and pull.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    How does swimmer B's pull and swim times compare? If the pull is faster maybe they can improve their body position while swimming full stroke. Swimmer B might also not have proper timing between their kick and pull.
Children
No Data