Coming back after pinched nerve?

Former Member
Former Member
About a month ago I developed horrible nerve pain in my right arm - so much so that I was uncomfortable all the time and couldn't sleep. I saw the doctor, a massage therapist and a chiropractor and was diagnosed with a compressed (pinched) nerve between C5-C7. (not sure exactly where as the pain and numbness has changed, no MRI done) The pain has mostly subsided but my current problem is the weak pull I have on that side. My normal activities are not really effected but my pull is so weak! I have still been swimming 3-4 times a week with a strong focus on kicking until I am fully healed. Did strength come back on its own or did you do PT? What kind of time frame? Any advice is appreciated!
Parents
  • Yes, my plan is to swim that meet! Originally, I was planning to swim the max (plus relays) but with this arm/shoulder issue I'm not sure what I'll be swimming. I train with Francis Meadows Aquatic Ctr. in Gainesville. We have a small contingent of swimmers who compete. It was the St. Pat's meet write-up. I swam both days at that meet and I saw myself in the March newsletter. :) I checked out your profile on here, so I knew you were on the Francis Meadows team. That is how I knew I didn't know you. (OK, that sounds funny reading it back, but you know what I mean! :D) I hope to catch up with you at GA Tech. Good luck with your PT and neck in the meantime. I hope you're 100% for the meet!
  • Yes, my plan is to swim that meet! Originally, I was planning to swim the max (plus relays) but with this arm/shoulder issue I'm not sure what I'll be swimming. I train with Francis Meadows Aquatic Ctr. in Gainesville. We have a small contingent of swimmers who compete. It was the St. Pat's meet write-up. I swam both days at that meet and I saw myself in the March newsletter. :) I checked out your profile on here, so I knew you were on the Francis Meadows team. That is how I knew I didn't know you. (OK, that sounds funny reading it back, but you know what I mean! :D) I hope to catch up with you at GA Tech. Good luck with your PT and neck in the meantime. I hope you're 100% for the meet!
Children
No Data