Coming back after pinched nerve?

Former Member
Former Member
About a month ago I developed horrible nerve pain in my right arm - so much so that I was uncomfortable all the time and couldn't sleep. I saw the doctor, a massage therapist and a chiropractor and was diagnosed with a compressed (pinched) nerve between C5-C7. (not sure exactly where as the pain and numbness has changed, no MRI done) The pain has mostly subsided but my current problem is the weak pull I have on that side. My normal activities are not really effected but my pull is so weak! I have still been swimming 3-4 times a week with a strong focus on kicking until I am fully healed. Did strength come back on its own or did you do PT? What kind of time frame? Any advice is appreciated!
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    Meanwhile, now I'm curious! :agree: I've been writing for the Georgia Masters newsletter every month since last summer, so which month were you pictured? I'm sorry we have crossed paths so many times without meeting. Next time you see me, stop and say "hi," ok? Although I can't compete at the Georgia Tech meet (I won't have doctor's clearance just yet), I may go to snap some photos and cheer on my buddies. :cheerleader: Will you be there? Yes, my plan is to swim that meet! Originally, I was planning to swim the max (plus relays) but with this arm/shoulder issue I'm not sure what I'll be swimming. I train with Francis Meadows Aquatic Ctr. in Gainesville. We have a small contingent of swimmers who compete. It was the St. Pat's meet write-up. I swam both days at that meet and I saw myself in the March newsletter. :)
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    Meanwhile, now I'm curious! :agree: I've been writing for the Georgia Masters newsletter every month since last summer, so which month were you pictured? I'm sorry we have crossed paths so many times without meeting. Next time you see me, stop and say "hi," ok? Although I can't compete at the Georgia Tech meet (I won't have doctor's clearance just yet), I may go to snap some photos and cheer on my buddies. :cheerleader: Will you be there? Yes, my plan is to swim that meet! Originally, I was planning to swim the max (plus relays) but with this arm/shoulder issue I'm not sure what I'll be swimming. I train with Francis Meadows Aquatic Ctr. in Gainesville. We have a small contingent of swimmers who compete. It was the St. Pat's meet write-up. I swam both days at that meet and I saw myself in the March newsletter. :)
Children
No Data