Weight loss

Former Member
Former Member
Since this is my first post here I wanna say big HI to everyone! ;) I think I have to give a little background about myself first so You guys can guide me better (hopefully). So I used to train boxing for a couple of years. I was a boxing maniac to be honest, training 5-6 days a week with lots of sparring. Everything was great untill one day I fell on the ground and could not walk for a few weeks. MRI diagnosed severe bulging discs but I didnt give up and stayed in the gym for an extra year or two. I managed to centralize the pain but MRI showed the violent twisintg motion involved in punching is getting things worse so I had to stop. I was literally addicted to the sport so it took another 2 years for me to get myself off the ground and move on. During this time I took some swimming lessons as I knew I have to find myself another sport and swimming is the best sport for back problems. I started from the cratch as I could only swim some basic *** stroke and now I can swim decent freestyle, backstroke and I'm learning the butterfly. My current situation wont let me hire a coach (both lack of time and money) but I certainly will in a few months perspective. Till that time I have to just focus and develop the strokes further on my own. I'm pretty happy with my progress but what bothers me is my current state of body fat. I never did any dieting as I allways stayed in shape over the last years. I could eat anything and I was just getting better and better. Even the last few months of boxing when the pain was persistent and I could only train like 2 times a week I couldnt gain any fat at all while now I'm just getting fatter and fatter while swimming my ass off in the pool 3times a week. I tried everything from doing laps to intervals. i.e. my yesterdays workout looked like this: 200m fs 200m bs- warmup 10x100m fs 4*100m kick (fs/bs/side) 200m bs pull buoy 200m fs pull buoy cool down- slow steady fs, flip turns and butterfly kick practice I understand my knowledge at this point is close to none but I'm trying to mix things up and focus on a short distance intervals instead of doing laps. I also constantly focus on my technique. Some time ago I came to the conclusion that maybe I dont kick properly so I dedicated the whole workout strictly focusing on the proper kick technique. I read somewhere that to kick from the hip You have to squeeze the buttocks so I swam each laop focusing on this. I could barelly walk the next day but the fat stayed. I know that when I finally get to the right level of intensivenes the fat is just going to melt away in a couple of days but I cant seem to get there anyhow. After each session in the pool I do some very light lifting (2compound excersises/2-3s each/push/pull). Now my questions is what am I doing wrong? Should I swim more each workout or focus on something in order to burn the fat? Like I said it took me a few rounds on the heavy bag 2 times a week to melt the fat away while now I'm doing miles in the pool without any effect. As for my back problems I almost forgot I had any. Swimming works like a charm! Dieting is not an option for me. Id rather live in the pool 24/7 than waste time on dieting. Please help ;)
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    Get a gram scale too so you can weigh food out. do this for 2 weeks and you won't need to weigh anymore, but at first I thought I was eating 100 grams of broccoli and I was eating 400 grams. Not a material mistake b/c it is broccoli, but you get the idea. Nice to have a scale when you want to clobber a massive 1000 gram sweet potato once a week and you have no clue how many calories that puppy is! :bouncing: My days on this app and weighing my food are numbered most likely....Or maybe just like a sport it will have a limited time frame per year. I know that I can eat without counting calories, actually eating one item of fruit per day, no alcohol, plenty of protein and green vegetables I am not sure if one could really over eat even if you tried.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    Get a gram scale too so you can weigh food out. do this for 2 weeks and you won't need to weigh anymore, but at first I thought I was eating 100 grams of broccoli and I was eating 400 grams. Not a material mistake b/c it is broccoli, but you get the idea. Nice to have a scale when you want to clobber a massive 1000 gram sweet potato once a week and you have no clue how many calories that puppy is! :bouncing: My days on this app and weighing my food are numbered most likely....Or maybe just like a sport it will have a limited time frame per year. I know that I can eat without counting calories, actually eating one item of fruit per day, no alcohol, plenty of protein and green vegetables I am not sure if one could really over eat even if you tried.
Children
No Data