favorite sets for training the back half of 100s

Former Member
Former Member
Looking for some good sets that focus on speed endurance for the back half of 100 races. What are your favorites? Thanks!
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    I agree with you on the USRPT. After many months of primarily doing USRPT, when I race my body has no idea what to do with that lactic acid burn at the end of a 100. In prior years when I did more HIT, I was really used to the feeling and knew exactly how to push through it and keep tempo. I really like the idea of combining both into one workout! Thanks for your input! I like USRPT type sets for getting that feeling of knocking out race pace with good technique, but also feel the need to do some lactic tolerance type work and doing high intensity work in the gym.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    I agree with you on the USRPT. After many months of primarily doing USRPT, when I race my body has no idea what to do with that lactic acid burn at the end of a 100. In prior years when I did more HIT, I was really used to the feeling and knew exactly how to push through it and keep tempo. I really like the idea of combining both into one workout! Thanks for your input! I like USRPT type sets for getting that feeling of knocking out race pace with good technique, but also feel the need to do some lactic tolerance type work and doing high intensity work in the gym.
Children
No Data