wolff-parkinson-white syndrome

Former Member
Former Member
hey my name is Ariel and I'm 20 years old and I'm swimming more than a decade. and after all these years that I trained no one had diagnosed my WPW until now, and i wanted to asked from you guys if you think that is it the right decision to do that surgery and if it so, how it will effect me at swim ? what will happen if i will choose not to do ? Thank you, for all of you guys
Parents
  • Hmmmm, I'd talk to my Doctor and go with her/his advice. I have LQT which may be one of the 14 diseases in the same group as WP. I had genetic testing done and my variation did not fall into any of the current types out there. My family is currently being studied by a group of EP's and per their advice I'm taking beta-blockers (great for swimming, not) Seriously, find a EP or Cardiologist you can relate with and hash it out with them. I wouldn't want a layman's opinion in topics so important to my life.
  • Hmmmm, I'd talk to my Doctor and go with her/his advice. I have LQT which may be one of the 14 diseases in the same group as WP. I had genetic testing done and my variation did not fall into any of the current types out there. My family is currently being studied by a group of EP's and per their advice I'm taking beta-blockers (great for swimming, not) Seriously, find a EP or Cardiologist you can relate with and hash it out with them. I wouldn't want a layman's opinion in topics so important to my life.
Children
No Data